Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Sugar & Spice Pecan Rub
(Recipe courtesy of Cook Family Foods)
- * 1 Cook’s Brand Hickory Smoked Bone-In Spiral Sliced Honey Half Ham, either Butt or Shank, 8 - 10 lbs
- * 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- * 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- * 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- * 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- * 22 to 25 pecan halves, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 250° F. Remove ham from all packaging materials. Place Spiral Sliced Ham face down in roasting pan. Cover pan with aluminum foil; bake ham 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar rub. Combine brown sugar with dry mustard, lime rind, ginger, allspice, cloves and finely chopped pecans in bowl. Mix thoroughly with fork. Stir in lime juice to moisten sugar mixture evenly. Set rub aside.
- Remove ham from oven and uncover pan. Pat and rub sugar mixture over warm ham, covering top end first, then smearing mixture down the sides as evenly as possible.
- Return ham to oven. Bake uncovered 30 to 45 minutes, basting meat with pan juices every 15 minutes. Ham is done when center reaches 150° F. on meat thermometer, please refer to label for proper cooking instructions. Remove ham from roasting pan; place on a ham rack and let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
Carve ham off bone and serve.
Makes 10-15 servings.