Fiesta Grilled Ham Steak
Grilled ham steak brushed with a spicy glaze of jalapeño jelly, garlic and cilantro.
- * 1 Cook's® Bone-in Thick-Cut Ham Steak (about 2 pounds)
- * 1 jar 10-ounces Jalapeno Pepper Jelly (about 3/4 cup)
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Combine jelly and garlic in small saucepan; cook over medium heat 2 minutes, or until jelly is completely melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. (Or, combine in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, or until jelly is melted.) Stir in cilantro. Reserve 1/4 cup jelly mixture; set aside.
- Grill ham steak 5 minutes; turn over. Brush with half of the remaining jelly mixture; continue grilling 10 minutes, until ham reaches an internal temperature of 160°F when tested in center with meat thermometer, turning ham steak over and brushing with remaining jelly mixture after 5 minutes.
- Serve with the reserved jelly mixture.