Ham Steak with Pineapple-Green Onion Salsa
Treat your family to a fast fiesta with this classic combination of ham and pineapples but with a zesty twist.
- * 4 Cook's® Bone-in Ham Steaks (1 pound each)
- * 1 medium fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- * Few drops hot pepper sauce
- * Pinch ground cloves
- * 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- * 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- * 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- * 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- * 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- * 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- * 2/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Combine pineapple, bell peppers and onions in medium bowl. Beat lemon peel and juice, the sugar, salt, mustard, cloves and hot pepper sauce in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to pineapple mixture; toss to coat. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Cook ham according to package directions. Serve with the salsa.