Ham Steak with Red Onion Marmalade
- * 2 Cook's® Bone-in Ham Steak (1 pound each)
- * 1/4 cup butter
- * Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- * 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- * 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- * 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- * 1/4 cup grenadine
- * 1/4 cup Chambord or other raspberry-flavored liqueur
- * 1/4 cup red wine
- * 2 medium red onions, cut in half, thinly sliced
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in wine, Chambord and grenadine. Cook 45 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated and onions are very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar and salt; cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until no liquid remains, stirring occasionally. Cool 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Cook ham according to package directions. Serve marmalade at room temperature over cooked ham garnished with pomegranate seeds, if desired. Refrigerate leftover marmalade.